Sunday, August 12, 2007

Let there be L.O.V.E

I really have wanted to celebrate my birthday quietly cause it probably is the only time that I could have a good break/rest before work gets busy. However, I had a HUGE birthday bash in store for me by my CG.

We started the day with just the girls at the National Museum of Singapore watching 6 plays showcasing the history of Singapore. After which, we made our way to Park Mall & decided to settle for Fish & Co. though our initial plan was Hans. =) Along the way, we found this brightly-colored carpark entrance at Wesley Methodist Church. The drawings were just calling out to me to take photos!!



By the time we hit Merchant Court Hotel, Nelson has already checked in, showered & resting. Poor fella was actually ill. Plans to dine at The Central were all perished as birthday girl got TOO lazy. Instead, we ordered Pizzas & enjoyed the NDP on Ch 5.

Watching NDP in a hotel was my first time. Watching NDP at a hotel that was close to where all the action is was absolutely awesome. Basically, we were dashing in & out of the room to the balcony to watch the helicopters, jets & fireworks.

When show was over, everyone was quick to leave the hotel for ice cream. Made me wonder why but well, which birthdays has no sabotage right? I kinda guessed they had something up their sleeves. Reached The Central & found a group of Filipinos singing acapella & CG got them to sing me a birthday song & the song by Nat King Cole "Let there be Love."





This is NOT my birthday song but the only video I have of them singing to a kiddo. *smile* When all the focus were on me, all I could do was to simply smile & blush. (Though... I was rather tempted to grab them for a dance! HAHA!!!)

Finally, CG revealed that I am really given ONLY 2 choices. One - Singapore River. Two - Reverse Bungy at Clarke Quay. Obviously, there was ONLY one choice actually. Got up onto that Bungy feeling my heart thumping madly.

After "torturing" me, we went back to the hotel for a sharing session. Affirmation time + CG Sharing time. I shall not speak too much about the CG sharing time but I just wanna say thank you to all my friends in the CG when you affirmed me that every word that was spoken remains in my memory & heart. For some reasons or in some ways or another, I am SURE that I have failed you guys. & I am also very sure that we disappoint one another here & there. However, I would also believe that with failures, comes success. Trusting the process to run the friendship race! Some silly photos below... :P

Proposed to by 3 guys. HAHA!!
The different expressions... Act Cute, Angry, "Buay Song", Pondering, Scared... *sigh*... I think we were really quite "high" while taking these photos. HAHAHA!!

Hmm... 30 is not really a huge number. However, somehow, I feel that as I age, it seemed that it's the little things in life that matters most. Every word said, every action made is etched in my memory & heart. As compared to the other years, the gifts I received are lesser but somehow, I appreciate this year much more. Not because it was celebrated with a huge bang, neither was it because I had a hotel room to stay over, neither was it because I have gifts. I really think it's because I learnt (& still trying) how to appreciate things more.

2 comments:

Z@nny said...

Yo San,ur life is always a blessing to me!glad to know u and even serve with u!will continue to build on this God-given friendship!!cheersss...

Tiger said...

Don't worry, everyone will reach this magical number sooner or later ;P

And they must love u alot alot! :)