Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Joyful Always? Really tough... But will TRY! *GrrRRrrrRR*

One thing I truly detest are people who are irresponsible & today, in the midst of my meeting this afternoon, I had to answer a call that threw me overboard. I got really hopping mad & seriously, I could feel my blood boiling & pressure rising. I will NOT elaborate what was it that made me so mad.

What I'd like to share, though, is this. At my workplace, there is this thing called the Beyond's Compass. Out of 12 compasses (directions), I chose "I choose not to whine and complain about what we have no control over but to make the best of the situation." Coincidentally, I also did share with God that I will do my best to live out 1 Thess 5:16 to be joyful always in all circumstances!

I can testify that it's hard. It's REALLY hard to be joyful in ALL circumstances. It's really hard to not whine, to not complain. It's really a wonder how to make best of situations. At that moment when I received that call, it was HARD to maintain my coolness & not scream. It was really really really really a testing for me. All I could do best was to keep silent over the phone for I know... I know that if I were to speak, it wouldn't be unpleasant words. *sigh* I was just glad I at least, at that moment, I controlled my angry words.

Well, I guess I live in a real world facing real issues that is no different from anybody else. Honestly, even now, after a good 9 hours, I am still, well..., feeling upset. The question for me then is how can I live a life that I can truly proclaim that Christ is in me?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23a

p.s. To be fair, it wasn't a total 9 hrs that I was upset. I totally enjoyed the 3-hr King & I musical!!! *SMILE*

No comments: