Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A birthday celebration

When kor & I were much younger (say very early 20s), birthday celebrations were always held in chalets side by side. He will have his group of friends & I will have mine. Singing of songs & cutting of cake will always be held together. I remember, there was a year that we celebrated 3 birthdays altogether. We had a HUGE ship-like cake. After the cake cutting session, it'll basically be party time. Haha!!! He will have his own party cum mahjong session. I will have mine.

As we grew older, we led different lifestyle & I went overseas and we never celebrated together anymore.

.... after a 15 year long friendship, today is the very first time we are celebrating our birthdays just the two of us. Of course, I would say that age plays a HUGE part. I can never see myself holding chalet parties & having a ball of a time without thinking that it's extra money spent & efforts spent in sending invites. Hahaa...

Now at age 30, a simple dinner and movie suffice. A chat over a drink warms the heart. Catching up with each other's dreams & ideals in life is a luxury considering how "often" we meet up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy bdae San babe!! u r much loved by all of us!! see ya on Sunday!!