Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I do, I do, I do...

"I, (name) take thee, (name) to be my lawfully wedded (husband/wife), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish, 'til death do us part.

This ring I give you, in token and pledge of our constant faith and abiding love."

Sister & my official brother-in-law, Ivan, said that pledge of love yesterday.

It was a rather hectic day. I wanted to surprise sis with a bunch of balloons (she loves balloons). Went to pump the balloon with helium at my office then fetched the make up artist to my place. (When Susan did up my face, I got a shock looking at myself!!) Then Jan & I with my parents made our way down to ROM slowly (cause dad was making sure the needle point do not go beyond 80km/hr).

While I was driving to my office, the clouds were REALLY threatening. It was not only dark but it was very very windy. I said a quick prayer & told God "Hold the rain!!!!!" Then after one traffic light, I changed - "God, if really there is a need for rain, bring the rain down now & bless us with good weather later!" True enough, it poured in less than 5 mins & stopped in about 15 mins. Weather thereafter was perfect!!!

Though it was a quick "I do" session, it was a rather emotional one. Even without knowing that sis or my parents teared, I teared slightly too. Seeing my sister from baby (of course), knowing her struggles, going through some of her pain, scheming together with her, quarrels, childhood playtime of pretend-pretend, to where she is now, it was a wonderful 28 years of journey. Seeing her marry someone who honor & love her (so far from what I see & hear. Heehee..) puts my heart at ease.

At the end of the day, what captured me ultimately was the Marriage Vows.

Through the lives of my parents, I saw how my mummy honored her vows taking care of my daddy in sickness or in health. Not a look of frustration, not a word of anger. She simply cared, love & honor.

Through a conversation with Carol's ex school mate of about the same age, she shared that (paraphrased) marrying early only means that from young, I have to learn to give up things girls at my age is doing & enjoying. When my friends ask me out, I have to think twice because I am no longer living for myself. I have to think of my role as a wife & a mother. Marriage is really for life. You stick through it despite quarrels. Wise words from someone younger than me.

Of course, what beautify an entry are photos. Here are some. More at Multiply.


1 comment:

Z@nny said...

Wow!Congrats to Carol!!She and your bro-in-law looks really a match!Even the SMILES are so alike..May their marriage be richly blessd by the Lord :)