Monday, October 22, 2012

Heavy

As I am writing this, tears are falling. After more than a year of fighting, Yen finally went home to the Lord.

I am completely amazed how this lady, whom I barely knew, has such a huge impact on me.  We spoke probably only twice? Once in Brisbane and once in Singapore when we bumped into each other a couple of months back.

Recalling when I was on my solo Perth trip last year.  I went with a very heavy & painful heart, not knowing where is God in my life, who is God in my life.  I almost couldn't find answers but I kept seeking for answers.  I read books, I read the bible, I read everything and I read Yen's blog. I recalled it lifted me up.  I still couldn't find the answer I was looking for but she taught me that through tough situations is where God is most evident.

My heart ached knowing how critical her situation was. My heart ached at the thought that she has left behind her husband and 4 year old daughter. Tears just fell when Geo told me "Do you know your friend has passed away?" (His friend commented on Yen's husband's Facebook status) I wondered - Where is God in her life? Why does bad thing happen to good people? (The classic questions)

Then I realized that her passing had brought about a legacy of who her God is.  How GOOD her God is, how MARVELLOUS her God is.  That the peace of God can still transcend in us amidst tough times.  And that God is the same God I worship.

As I struggle through my tough times now, I see how acutely faint my circumstance is compared to Yen yet her relationship with God remained steadfast.  Through her, I learnt, truly, what Philippians 3:14 means - I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Thank you so much Yen, for you life.  I wish, heartfelt, that I had known you deeper.  I would really really really really have loved to have a cup of tea with you and exchange notes.  That said, I am sure you are in a better place right now. 

http://psalm117.blogspot.sg/2012/10/the-evening-walk-in-valley.html

No comments: