Friday, September 14, 2012

6 months old





Darling dearest,

You will be turning 6 months old soon! My goodness, where did time go to?

Mummy is suffering from sleep deprivation.  Not your fault at all.  You are teething and that caused you to be easily irritable and have difficulty drinking and sleeping.  After one week of struggling to have you sufficiently fed, we spent many weeks thereafter waking up at 12mn, 2am, 4am and 6am and finally to bathe you at 7am.

As I was traveling to work one day, I was thinking of the things piled up at work, datelines, families to meet, etc.  I was telling God that I am feeling the stresses of a working parent.  The lack of sleep, the need to perform (not for sake of performing but really, I can't go into a session feeling zombified), KPIs to meet.  I am tired.

Then it hit me how resilient you are, Faith.  It struck me real hard that it is NOT easy being a baby.  I read an article from a doctor who said that a baby grows the most in their first 12 months.  Wow! Isn't your life even more tiring? You have to learn to adapt according to our world, irritable budding teeth that leads to so many difficulties.  Constantly growing only means constantly changing. Yet through all the little difficulties, you can flash your most brilliant smile with sparkling eyes whenever I step home.

Ok, back to what you can do now!

7kg and mummy is getting those toned arms!!  You are able to flip yourself down and then *ta-da* flip back upright.  You can sit upright & ever since then, you seem to dislike lying down! Chatting with you has been really fun.  You excitedly googoogaga with me whenever we are around & only in non-crowded places.

You have started on semi-solids and mummy is having lots of fun making food for you.  So far, I have only mashed avocado for you.  I will soon be baking pumpkins for you! You are definitely loving your avos more than the boring morning rice cereal.  So, I am actually wondering if I should start boiling porridge for you.  Soon, I will need to save more money so that I can buy you fish! Thankfully, you still love drinking your milk so I am not fretting over the lack of nutrition.

I am excited at what you can do next.. But darling, do it at your pace ok? No hurry to grow up. You are young only once. :)


Initial stage of eating semi-solids - messy!

Outing with my beloved mummy and sis.
Adorable eyes that melt daddy and my heart.
Was stunned by the light!


No comments: