Tuesday, July 03, 2012

A year ago....

... I was preparing to sign the HDB papers to buy the biggest purchase of my life - my flat.

A year ago, in June, I had a sudden urge to go away alone.  Literally alone.  One evening, while returning home from Boon Lay, I smsed Geo asking him if he is all right for me to travel alone.  He asked me "Alone without me but with friends or alone, alone?".  "Alone, alone.", I replied.  He asked no further questions, giving me all the trust that I needed back then.  I bought air ticket to Perth that evening to fly on 12 Jul, just a day after I sold my savings away to HDB.

To put it simply, I would describe 2011 as one of the worst years I ever had in my entire life.  Being able to go away has fulfilled one of my dream to travel alone.  However, more so, it has given me that opportunity to break away, literally, from situations in Singapore to just find my space with God. To speak to Him, to yell out to Him, to be by myself.  In the entire journey, He spoke to me through this song.



Life is really quite an irony.  I have heard of this song many times.  Yet, it's in my brokenness that this song spoke to me.  The faithfulness of the Lord indeed reaches beyond where I am.  A decade ago, I went to Australia to study, in the hope of healing a broken heart after a terrible break up with a man I had thought I would marry.  I found God again.  A decade later, I went back to Australia, in the hope of being able to feel Him walking beside me again.  He never fail.

Anyway, the irony of all ironies.  I thought I was alone throughout my trip.  Little did I know that I was already carrying Faith. Hee... That little one has traveled to Perth already! When I look at her now, I am reminded that God is for me, for my family.

Space is when you have all the time in the world with no agenda.. A book, a drink and a lovely view.

No comments: