Wednesday, June 13, 2012

12 weeks old

Weight: 5kg (finally!)
Length: 57, taller by 8cm.

My dear Faith,

You are growing faster than I imagine you to be.  I was doing a photobook for you and was going through your past photos.  Found this photo so amusing! Your pillow used to look so huge on you and you used to look like a little nun with that very bald top.  I have removed your mittens as you are slowly opening up your hands.  You are also beginning to realize that your hands are not just a ball of fist but you do have 5 fingers too!  You are beginning to make attempts to hold your bottle.  When the bottle hits your mouth, your two little fist hits the bottle only to find that you don't have much strength yet.  Quite a sight I must say. When you are done with your milk, you have learned how to use your hands to push it away.






You seem to be getting used to church and going out.  You have this uncanny ability to know that it's Sunday and that morning, you enjoy your bath exceptionally well.  I am not sure if all babies are like you or are you a common type of baby but I am so awed by the countless types of expressions you have.  Not only so, daddy and I are amazed how active you can be. Yet, you could also be very still and is seemingly reflective and melancholic. 

The first time your PD saw you last month, she was impressed by your pleasant nature that you cried very little when jabbed.  This time, she was so impressed by the fact that you could just fall asleep while I sat you down on my lap.  She joked that you must be protesting against having a jab so pretended to fall asleep. 
Talking about sleep. Again, I am most amazed by your little milestone. When you passed your 2nd month, you stopped crying.  When you passed your 3rd month, all of a sudden, you love your stroller! Previously, you barely sit in your stroller for 10 minutes and you would be crying to be carried. Now, you would love to see the world when you are out on your evening stroll.  After awhile, you have also learned how to sleep inside the stroller. You are growing, my little darling.









Your smiles and laughters are really much more generous now.  Just last weekend, you had a ball of time with your 姨姨 whistling and your 姨丈's playing.  婆婆 also recite to you several nursery rhymes which sent you giggling and grinning from ear to ear!  After a whole afternoon, you knocked out the minute we were done with your wipe down.




Oh yes, you are also beginning to enjoy tummy time a little better.  No longer frustrates you. In fact, you could even lift your head up already! Soon, mummy will need to take out the bumbo chair for you to try sitting.  I am so enjoying every milestone of your life. Psst.. Tell you something! Two weeks ago, daddy & mummy were with our caregroup and all the aunties tried matchmaking you already! Well, my darling, don't grow up too fast ok? Enjoy every step of your life.. Do not run faster than you ought to. Remember to always stop and smell the flowers along your pathway.

It's been such a joy caring for you, my dear Faith.  Never fail to amaze me, never fail to lead me back to thanking our Creator for the marvelous work He has created in you.  I hold on tight to the promise that when God has started a good work in a person, He will help deliver it to the end.  God will see you through your mountain top exhilarating moments and valley deep sorrows.

No comments: