Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Motherhood, or rather, parenthood.

Motherhood, or rather parenthood is an art, a phenomenon. Subconsciously, I try to give what I felt I lacked of and amplify what I loved. On top of it, add on the knowledge from the many readings from books and Internet.

Readings and experiences are good, really. But ultimately, I have come to realize that more importantly, it's also to understand the child's uniqueness and personality and mold him/her to his/her personal potential and not make them into a mini-me or mini-hubby or to fulfill what we didn't attain.

I probably would not have known what it means to be a mother until I am a mother myself.  I passed a comment to my mummy one day, when she was frustrated after telling my sis to clear her stuff for over a year! I said "Mummy, now I understand a little of the pain when I lied to you before."  I reckoned that parenthood will be a journey of joy and pain.  Children will learn to lie even if parents didn't teach them to.  They will be up to their mischief to test boundaries.  As a parent, I would want to be prepared to be hurt, yet still love.

I guess that's how God's love is for us?  He knew that we would sin and thus He sent His son to die for us and that was the ultimate lamb sacrifice.  He knew that we would test boundaries and fall so there are verses to assure us of His presence and love and strength and joy.

Our wedding verse was from 2 Corinthians 12:9a "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”"  This has never been more real to me than now at this season of my life.  It ain't just weakness that I felt but the very lack of wisdom to manage situations on the whole and His grace can only be what I cling unto.

Thank you Lord for showing me what love is, through the miracle you have placed in my life.



No comments: