Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Faith @ 2 months

Dear little one,

2 months have passed just like that! 2 months feels so long yet it's not long enough to fully understand what you are trying to tell me.  Often, I am like walking around in the dark fathoming what is it that you want, your likes, your dislikes.  You are definitely progressing and every other day, I will be telling your 婆婆 the little milestones that you have made.


 
You never fail to know when to smile and grin and that always have the power and ability to melt any hearts. You are pretty generous with your smiles in fact! You are now sleeping for a longer stretch, 10pm to 4am. However, there may also be times when you do wake up more times but I reckon that you are still adapting to growing up and mummy better be patient in not expecting too much from you.

The 4th to 8th week was difficult for daddy and me in trying to understand why you cry so much between 7pm to 10pm. Each time you cry, our heart ached yet keeping in mind to remain calm.  The day you turn 8 weeks, we prayed by faith that you enter the 3rd month with no more bad evenings! That day, you stopped crying and began to enjoy more of your little playtime with daddy and mummy.




Talking about play, we found that you love to be read to. You respond with your "ahs" and "ehs" and you cock your head to one side as if you understand every word I read. We also realized that carrying you after your feed is a No-No. You love the sofa so much that lying down on it stopped your frustrations. Perhaps that's because you are trying to flip.  Your neck is definitely getting stronger but I could tell that you are still working on your neck strength to flip yourself over.




It is indeed a joy and honor to be taking care of you. I am constantly reminding myself to learn how to let go of what I think it's right or wrong or my perspective of what I would like you to be, etc.. but to submit to God & seek Him first even in taking care of you and to lead you towards Him.  After all, we are the children of God and if He can take care of daddy and I so well, He will do the same for you.  Let's walk this journey together hand in hand, shall we? :)

We love you, little darling. 



No comments: