Thursday, May 03, 2012

Subconscious

It's amazing how our subconscious mind works.

Last Friday, I had a tough time soothing Faith from crying. Basically, it's almost part of the routine that Faith cries when evening comes.  It still remains as a mystery to us.  Sometimes we thought it's probably cause she was disturbed when she was stoning. Sometimes, we thought she doesn't have enough milk. Sometimes, we thought maybe weather turning cold. Sometimes, maybe sarong tooooo hot for her. Whatever it is, we have tried and sometimes, the ONLY way to soothe her is to take on the vertical challenge - staircase climb!

Anyway, so I was saying.  Last Friday, I had a tough time.  I walked with a bounce from one room to another room, patting the bum & creating the "shhh" sound (white noise).  After two hours, she was finally soothed then she cried again - this time for milk.  I am sure all mummies would agree with me that this scenario is just all so common.

That night, Geo was on the "night duty" and he was by her cot patting Faith when she whimpered.  Suddenly, he heard a patting sound from where I was sleeping.  He turned around and saw that I was actually patting the quilt in my sleep trying to "soothe" Faith.

Next day, when it was my turn to be on the night duty, I was feeding Faith through her little coos and whimpers.  Next thing I heard was a "Shhhh" sound coming from Geo and he was also speaking in tongues.  I thought he was awake but he was actually sleeping.

We concluded that we are tired.  We are really tired physically.  However, we know that God's strength is with us and our love for Faith has given us the ability to push us beyond the norm.  But we also know that God knows our limit so He will not give us more than what we can bear.  The next few days, Faith almost slept through the night giving us a good straight 5 hours of sleep.  I can only attribute it to God's grace upon our physical being. :)

No comments: