Friday, September 27, 2019

If it weren't for a friend's blog, I doubt I will have even remembered I once journal pretty consistently.

6 years have passed since the last post. 6 years, so much gains and losses, so much pains and joys.

The biggest intrinsic gain we enjoyed is having Missy No. 2. Geo and I battled for 2 years before we decided that having a 2nd child is needed. Why battle? When we had only Faith, we couldn't comprehend how we could love another. We couldn't grasp the concept of sharing love.

So Ruthie came and our love just automatically poured out to her. There's no such thing as shared love. We could just love her the same. She's amazingly made and she taught me that I am a new parent all over again. I'm never an experienced parent with Ruthie just cause we had Faith. Yes, I'm more confident, I can withstand crying a lot better, I can change diapers faster and I can breastfeed with no issues. In fact, I can deal with well-meaning elderly relatives better too. I have my deadly do-not-come-near-me stare. It does sound I have it easier but it doesn't make me an experienced mum with Ruth. She taught me that she is every bit an individual and she is NOT her Jiejie. So methods used on Faith is NOT suitable.

Ruthie is turning 5 in 4 months' time and I'm still learning how to parent her, just like how I'm learning to parent Faith. As different as they are, they love each other fiercely yet gently. Quarrels and squabbles are as inevitable as hugs and kisses.





No comments: