Friday, May 02, 2008

Plan for success!

Life for me has been living on the fast lane.

First it was hectic hectic for sister's wedding. Then it was to prepare for my office to be shifted to Sembawang. And then of course a new relationship in my life. Best of it all, it happened all concurrently.

It just hit me that all of it has one common standing - it all needs time to prepare. It seems like it was just yesterday but the planning & preparation of the heart took place even before the start of 2008.

For those who have prepared a wedding before, you would know the entire process. I had a chat with my sister's parents-in-law and they commented that they were rather stress during the wedding. They were worried that things will crop up or something will go wrong, etc. Before the wedding, they were worried about the nitty gritties too. The father-in-law was even sharing that he couldn't get to sleep! For me, just before the wedding, I was trying to get the photo montage ready. *sigh*... I guess my PC is really an old one so the Windows Movie Maker was a super lousy low-version. No matter how I set it, the resolution of the video clip was terrble! Just 2 days before the wedding, I simply couldn't get to bed. Part of me do not want to fail the couple. The other part of me kept wondering what went wrong. Thank God I had a friend who told me to try using the version on Windows Vista. Praise God, everything went on very well!

As for the shift to Sembawang, it ain't just the physical shift that I am most concern about. It's the children under my care that I am most most concern. Moving from Queenstown to Sembawang, it means that the school has to be changed. With that, we have to prepare the hearts of the children, the hearts of the parents, the discharge plans might have to be changed too & not forgetting, along with everything, the financial lack will sit in, etc. I have never in my life advocated so much for someone before. I have never in my life written so many social reports either! I shared with my friend today that the greatest joy being in a Residential Home is that the work is SO intensive that you will definitely know every child well. In return, churning a social report really ain't all that tough cause you are involved directly.

As for the relationship in my life, God has also his way of preparing my heart. Shan't say too much but all in God's own fantastic timing.

A verse came to my mind recently from Proverbs 16:3 that as we commit to the Lord whatever we do, our plans will succeed. I believe that God always will want us to be the head and not the tail. He wants to set us up for success ONLY if we allow Him to take over our lives. I guess the taking over part is the most mind-boggling part of the entire process. To let go & let God can be quite an art in itself.

Back to my comfortable bed now... Cheerios!

No comments: