Saturday, May 24, 2008

Rest does it

As I grew older, I realized the importance of quality rest. I had it today, finally.

The past week is probably one of the craziest I ever had. I had 1 shift, 2 new cases & 3 discharge cases.

3 days this week were dedicated to shifting the things from one place to another. 3 times, the van was full. Driving in the day was terrible really. The hot sun, the full van, the lack of space at the rear view mirror, gosh... Loading & unloading. Cleaning & drying. Dust & my skin doesn't work hand in hand, developing rashes here there and everywhere. New place means decisions has to be made. It's also in times like these that ideas amongst us will differ. Thankfully there were no arguments as we always go back to our principle of the Home. Thank God that on the 2nd day, Pearly came over to help me with the cleaning. Really appreciate!


*sigh*... Sadly what hit me the most physically is not the cleaning of new place but the uproar of the new case. It's always hard when it comes to dealing with strong emotions. I had it the worst on Thursday & Friday when I was at the brunt of it. Thankfully, I think God knows my limitations. My supervisors came and spoke to me & talked about my role in this particular case. After the chat, I felt clearer & less vulnerable & unprotected.

By Friday, I was more than drained. I couldn't really think straight. My supervisor asked me "what do you think about this case?". I looked at him straight in the eye and told him "I don't know what to think of it. To begin with, I don't have time to think." Good thing he told me "Don't need to think too hard. I don't want you to think so hard." I thought I really have got very supportive supervisors!!

When I went for CG yesterday, really all I could do was to smile. I couldn't really talk much. I was way way way too tired to think of any conversation. Not that I am Mel, as one commented. All I longed for at that time was to disengage from work and when I couldn't, I get irritatingly quiet. Ooops! Sorry folks! =)

Anyway anyway anyway, I had a VERY good rest last night. So today, I am more upbeat so thought I better blog while I go silent again.

Brought my doggie for a haircut today.

Before

In a cage waiting for his turn, begging! (See one of his leg is up!)

Happy dog!

No comments: