Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Attitude

For the first time in my life, I felt "insulted" in my course of work today. I was at Singapore General Hospital (SGH) & I made my way to the information counter at Blk 4. I was given great service & I then made my way to the Medical Records department. Ding dong a few times & I made my way to another department. As I got lost, I was guided & led by the Health Assistants to the office & felt really pleasant the whole time, thinking that SGH has GREAT service.

I introduced myself & spoke politely to a secretary of a doctor. The reply to me was like a slap in my face. She raised her voice at me, telling me that I shouldn't be there in the first place, she is very busy so I must make appointment first & lastly, scaring me with security guards coming to "catch me".

I began to wonder to myself - Is the life in Singapore SO busy & fast that people gets edgy at first instance? Not only did she not give me a chance to hear me out, she retorted back rudely. Even if I am not supposed to be there in the first place, is there a need to be angry, be fierce & be rude? Is there a need to throw negative comments?

I left the place feeling lousy. Sometimes, all it takes is just one incident to bring what was built up, down. Unfortunate incident.

1 comment:

The Recreation Corner said...

If it was a Minister or some big-shot, I dun think she would have responded the same way she treated you.