Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Taare Zameen Par (Like Stars on Earth)

Watched my first Hindi movie today. Initially I was appalled when boss talked about this really wonderful Hindi movie but thought better keep an open mind.

I was glued to my seat!

A few things I took back home with me:
  • Perspective: The world is what we make out of it. A few months ago, a grandmother told me that her grandson was not scared of cockroaches when he was young. However, his mother screamed at the sight of it and since then, the boy was scared. The child grew up free of fear, however he was taught a new perspective.
  • A child has the ability to spin new dreams. Do not destroy it. Build it up!
  • It is easy to hurt a child. It is not easy to undo the pain inflicted.
  • 5 uneven fingers make up a whole hand! Nothing is ever perfect in this world. It is how we want to work hand in hand with imperfections.
  • Also, punishments and consequences will NOT be effective if we do not know the root of the problem, the meaning behind the behavior. E.g. Fever is a symptom to tell that something is wrong with your body. Fever is never the root of the problem. Likewise, a misbehavior is a symptom of a pain somewhere.










No comments: