Monday, June 22, 2009

Humbility

Yup! You did not read wrongly - Humbility!

I was chatting over lunch with a friend and she blurted out the word 'Humbility' and I nearly spitted my drink out. Whatever word was that boy!? It's a combination of the words Humble and Humility. Gosh.. I was thinking, how much more humbling can that be?

Humility, in my opinion, is tough. I led discussion during CG last week and of all, I chose to speak on Paul's life, a life of humility. The verse that caused me to feel small was 1 Corinthians 9:19 "Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible." Gosh..! Reminded me that the very reason why I am in a Social Service organization is to be a servant to man, to serve man. Yet, how very often, am I humble enough to wash their feet?

Anyway! After Hong Teck's sermon yesterday, I decided to take out all my dad's records. As I was flipping through it, the desire to get a turntable increases. I grew up loving Carpenters, Theresa Carpio, Cliff Richard, ABBA, Paul Anka, Francis Yip. My friend teased "You are a 60 year old woman in a 30 year old body!!"

*R.E.M.I.N.I.S.C.E*

No comments: