Sunday, February 17, 2008

A weekend of fun!

This weekend for me was a weekend that was fully packed - & fruitful!

Friday

Had CG gathering at Penn's place. I had my 3rd lo-hei for the CNY. I wanted to bring Taboo from my office. Unfortunately, I had a meeting outside of my office and I wasn't in time to return back to grab the game. In the end, we had Mahjong & Polka cards. Heehee.. I haven't touched Mahjong for 6 years but I won most of the games. *blush*



Saturday

Morning went sport climbing with Nelson & his two colleagues. We tried to get some others but most can't make it. Nonetheless, a small group is also good because Nelson is the ONLY certified person to belay us up. Sadly, I did only 1.5 climb & I had to leave to meet my friend's friend to discuss some details for my sister's wedding. Well, this climb had motivated me greatly to take up the Level 1 course. Definitely hope to do this more often. I had my 1st climb 7 years back but I was a student so can't afford to make this into a hobby. Did my 2nd climb last year but my job wasn't that stable so didn't feel that it's time to get into this hobby either. Hee.. After my 3rd climb & looking at my life being more stable now, I thought it's nice getting an outdoor hobby.


After meeting my friend's friend, I headed towards Ced's place for a time of gathering. His daughter, Rianne, is a real hit amongst the uncles & aunties! She is one of the smartest 3-year old girl I have ever come across. She spoke with clarity & full sentences. Just hearing what her dad has to say about her leadership qualities left me totally astounded.

Well, I ended my Saturday with dinner near my home with Geoffrey (he had lesson there). I realized that my fingers were SO aching that I had difficulty holding my cup upright!!


Sunday

TODAY!!! Today was a FANTASTIC day! Pearly opened her house for us, her secondary school buddies. Cooked Nasi Lemak but the main highlight was REALLY REALLY REALLY the kids. Look at the photos & you would think that it's a childcare center! Altogether, we had about 10 kids. Personally, I totally enjoyed my time with my godsons. It was nice having Matt calling me godmummy non-stop!



After everything's over, it's dinner with parents! Had my 4th round of lo-hei! Gosh! I have never had so many times of lo-hei during CNY before! Each time, it just gets better.. Heehee..

After thoughts

I'm a thoughtful person. Thoughtful not like I think of others. Thoughtful as in I am a thinker. After service today, I was thinking deeply. I realized one major thing in my life that needs to be rid of - Stagnancy. I was prayed over & the word for me was to enlarge my love for God. Only then, would loving others be more bearable. I need a breakthrough & I am going to work towards it. Will plan a personal retreat soon. Else, life would really be just a routine.

No comments: