Friday, July 17, 2009

No.. It's a grapefruit! No la, it's an orange! No no no...

After dinner, mummy excitedly went to grab an orange, choosing 1 out of the 3 which she bought. She commented that it's Sunkist orange (so must be very sweet). Yet, she said that she ain't sure why it smells like grapefruit. Nonetheless, she brought it to where I was (washing the dishes) and started peeling.

As she peeled, it started to look like a grapefruit to me. The flesh was red and it does smell like a grapefruit. Mummy, however, insisted that the signboard says that it's orange and it's Sunkist brand, how can it be grapefruit.

We shared the grapefruit, each half. It was sour! By the time I reached the last 2 pieces, I had to pour some sugar over it. Refusing to believe that we got "cheated", I went to the other 2 so-called oranges to check. They were stamped with Sunkist logo and it smelled like grapefruit.

After that episode, I thought to myself. Life is as such. I was really expecting a sweet and juicy orange (craving) but I was thrown with the truth of a sour grapefruit. Often times, we get little surprises like these in life. Things may not go our way. Our lives could either be placed on a hold because of a sour grapefruit or it could move on with a dash of sugar!

No comments: